PDA

View Full Version : One Slow T-type

86Nick
11-06-2005, 01:49 AM
I Took My 86t To The Track And Did Two Passes. My Best Time Was 15.60 In The Quarter Mile. It Was Pretty Sorry Day. I Just Got The Car Two Months Ago And Bought A Scanmaster For It. I'm Still Learning To Watch The Display When Driving. I Have A Vdo Boost Guage And Boost At The One Two Shift Gets Up To 15 Psi. After That In All The Other Gears The Boost Barely Gets Up To 10 Psi. It Sounds Like The Actuator Is Opening To Soon . Any Ideas What Would Cause This. I Have A Adjustable Waste Gate And A Atr Prom Chip.

Keller
11-06-2005, 03:00 AM
The stock chip was actually designed to scale back the boost in 3rd gear, and more in 4th gear. The ATR chip may do this, so don't automatically be alarmed.

A 15.60 is cause for some concern, however. That is nearly a full second slower than stock. Might be due to poor driving (i.e. lots of wheelspin), mechanical/electrical problems, or other factors. Learn to read the Scanmaster data so the readings are meaningful, and use the data to form a good basis to determine what the issues are, or be able to ask for help.