PDA

View Full Version : Tips on motor rebuild

Nicks87T
09-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Well after developing a slight bottom end noise, the motor and trans has been pulled out of my car (car has 140k, driven by my mom since brand new) and I am just wondering what people do while the motor is out as far as cleaning up the engine bay, etc. :confused:

Nicks87T
09-22-2004, 07:08 PM
glad to see i wasted my time posting... :banghead:

edmackenzie
09-22-2004, 09:16 PM
well, while mine was out i used some engine degreaser and cleaned it all up, painted the firewall, etc, nothin serious

turbogn86
09-29-2004, 10:45 AM
r u looking for a rebuild kit?

kenmosher
09-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Well after developing a slight bottom end noise, the motor and trans has been pulled out of my car (car has 140k, driven by my mom since brand new) and I am just wondering what people do while the motor is out as far as cleaning up the engine bay, etc. :confused:

Simple Green is your friend! It's really good about not ruining paint/chrome as long as you rinse things with water thoroughly.

It kind of leaves a white residue if you don't get it all off and it will remove cheap spray paint. I always reprime any bare metal and then I like the chassis black semigloss type of paint for most things, with a glossier black for the firewall.