PDA

View Full Version : Required amount of throttle

pistol
11-11-2005, 05:05 PM
My car when cold (15-20mins driving) seems to require no more than a 1/2 throttle to really make it move. After a few good runs it seems to require 3/4 too full throttle to get the same performance as when it is cold. What is going on? Seems like there is lots of boost.... lights are off the boost bar... When I turn the car off and start again even with it warm/hot performance is back again for a short bit....

help....

JHensberry
11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
CLT/ATS temps could be higher. Any scan tool data? What about a FP?

pistol
11-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey there,

What is CLT/ATS temps?

No scan tool? Not sure of FP yet either?

86Nick
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
ats is = air temp sensor
clt= coolant temp sensor

pistol
11-12-2005, 01:28 PM
did the papar clip check and there are no codes ( well #12 only) so that seems to be aok....

buddiiee
12-06-2005, 08:32 AM
do you have a temp guage anywhere? hows your radiator and thermostat? i know its a long shot, and probably not it but, my older regal, did the exact same thing. as did my old K car. they ran like champs, for the first 15 minutes, cuz they were cool.. when they were hot, they ran like crap. my cooling system was faulty in my regal. i replaced the radiator, water pump, and of course the thermostat. (and of course, when you overheat your car too many times, you should replace the oil as well) after that, my car ran noticeably better. try seein if your cooling system is ok. grab a rad hose, see if the waters circulating. or maybe your radiator is full of deposits, and not that effective anymore... who knows. try a flush. cant hurt to check em eh?