PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

86Nick
11-27-2005, 12:29 AM
What Size Injectors Should Be Used When Upgrading From Stock Ones

BigT'sTurbo
11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
That will depend on alot of things. You have to decide how fast you want to go on the street and still drive it to church on sunday. These stock injectors can run 12.50's-12.30 when you put the right combination to them. If you want to run low 11's high 10's you gonna need bigger turbo and bigger injectors, race chip ect... but hey 12.30's through the mufflers and streets aint bad. You will beat on alot of stangs and stock camaros. So 42.5lbs is a good jump. 50 is better but you gotta get a chip to match what you are gonna do to it. That is why I say how fast you want to go. dont just change the injectors with a stock chip. You need alot more to go with them. Tuning is EVERYTHING! to this car she will come alive with all the parameters running right. Do you have a scanmaster on her now you will need one or turbolink ect. knowing what is going on inside the motor is priceless and will save you.

86Nick
11-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Yes, I Have A Scanmaster. When Running Down The Track The Car Is Running Lean. I Have A Stock Regulator Off A Tta. I Have A Walboro Fuel Pump And A Hot Wire Kit. Atr Chip And Stock Turbo.
I Would Like To Run 12's. Or Any Thing Better That 13.8. My Buddy Has A 04 Mustang And Thinks It's The Best Thing In The World And I Want To Prove Him Wrong.

Keller
11-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Combination is everything. As Big T says, its all in what you are looking for.

I was able to take stock injectors (and turbo) to 12.20. I've been able to take Bosch 'blue top' injectors and a TA49 to 11.76. Both without a big intercooler. I'd say that is close to the limit with either combo. Of course your fuel system and all other ancilliary systems must be up to snuff.

Pick an ET target and decide what to put in. Some are deciding to go large right out of the chute with the 60 lb./hr. Mototron/Edge injectors and avoid changing as their cars get faster. Might be a better way to go.

kenmosher
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
... also get an adjustable regulator. That way you can fine tune the fuel delivery.

BigT'sTurbo
11-27-2005, 04:50 PM
I got an adjustable one from fullthrottlespeed and it works great. I also put a translator + on it to help run a richer mix works ok. I run leaner at idle and bring on the fuel at wot works good on my setup my car likes the leaner mixes for some reason. I stay 740-780 on 02mvs any more it runs bad and wants to run at 700-712 on 02mv with good gas that is a big key the higher octane the more boost the better egt and 02 readings it will spank that 04 mustang so bad he will
start making excuses watch and see. I ran a 05 ss 385hp camaro with cam in it and the big pipes. I got on him first and he didnt catch me till I ran out of fuel and he wanted to go from a slow roll so I beat on him some more. I'm running around 12.60-80's and with stock fuel pump but I am running out of fuel and will have to upgrade.

buddiiee
12-06-2005, 09:39 AM
yea, i see alot of guys goin to the 60 pounders with a better pump and afpr right off the bat, so they dont have to constantly upgrade.
though, just to let you know, i know a guy, with a TA49 turbo, just enough injector to match, better fuel pump, rjc powerplate, and i think a better TC goin low 11's.. on race fuel and D radials of course.
It all depends on what you wanna do, and how fat your wallet is. but like these guys said, it dont take much to put the local corvetter owner in check. not much at all...
That mustang? is nothing, and is just a stepping stone on the way to bigger and better kills... You'll see.. :mgun:

PaCemkr86
12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
That mustang? is nothing, and is just a stepping stone on the way to bigger and better kills... You'll see.. :mgun:
HELL YEAH !

buddiiee
12-06-2005, 08:34 PM
ya like that? lol. :drive:
out of this entire summer of racing, ive lost to ONE whole mustang. a supercharged 89 notch runnin 480 at the wheels. thats ok.. wait till spring when i got my new valvesprings and head studs in. I got a local line on race gas for dirt cheap too.. :brows: