PDA

View Full Version : Kenne Bell Chip

86Nick
11-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Anyone Running A Kenne Bell Chip? How Are And What Are Your Results?

Keller
11-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Ran a used one when I first got my car back in 1991. Got a 100% stock 14.7-14.6 car to go 13.6. However, it also made it knock. Probably due to high timing and boost.

The KB chip is based on old technology, and likely hasn't been updated since about the time I bought mine. I would not reccomend KB products in general. They are a Ford shop these days.

87geeinn
11-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I have a Kenne Bell chip in mine. The guy I bought the car from said that it came with the new 30# injectors. I haven't experimented with any other chips, but as noted before, it's giving me a lotta knock as well and things just don't seem like they are calibrated right. I would probably switch back to the stock chip and get better results, but I have a new chip on the way from Eric at TurboTweak. I hope this one helps reduce knock, etc.

turbojd
11-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Eric chips are excellent, the way to go IMO. I bought my car with a Kenne Bell chip in it to, I think it was called a HI-Lo pro chip, I found out the hard way about too much timing and too much boost in those chips, at least on the street with pump gas, the result was me popping a head gasket, lesson learned. I was running a Reds 93 for a while, now I run a turbo tweak 93 chip on the street and the car runs excellent!!

CSKAZ
11-29-2005, 11:37 AM
My car has the Kenne Bell ultimate chip with 30# injectors, afr, K/B boost a pump and K/B boost a spark. No problems...used on the street only. K/B 50# injectors with a K/B chip exists, but I have yet to hear any feedback on their performance or reliability.

86Nick
12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Well I installed the chip and it sucked. Car runs rich and lacks boost although the car does have a smoother idle then my atr "pitbull chip". I wouldn't recommend chip.