PDA

View Full Version : vacuum brakes

onefastcar
12-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Question i converted over to vacuum breaks and i have a problem not with brakes they work great now my problem is that it appears to me that the resevoir is hitting my hood pad which is no real issue but it is not allowing the hood to seat in the back and hood is off kilter or raised up the only thing i see that i can do is there are 4 bolts holding the assembly to firewall lossen bolts add spacers to the top set of bolts and retighten to help the sever angle of this new system, i just want to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to aleviate it ( whole assembly is from a regular 87 regal-booster-resevior).
Thanks

Keller
12-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Wonder if you have a small or large diameter booster? That might have something to do with where the resivoir is being placed.

onefastcar
12-17-2005, 08:02 PM
can ya give me dia. of large versus small, looked at pace pics and mine looks similar but pics are decievin and my eyes don't work as good as they use to thanks, also how do you get a small vs. large got mine from autozone whole assembly?

87BLKGN
12-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Get a booster for a 87 monte carlo. Ussually they'll ask if you want single or dual diaphram, i'll be putting mine in shortly.

Keller
12-18-2005, 05:16 AM
Regal, Monte, Cutlas, Gran Prix...doesn't matter. The dual diapragm is the one you want, I believe.