PDA

View Full Version : Another what's it worth

Disst
12-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Upgrades include - 7 stage "Ultrachip"; 145 mph speedometer, 30 lb. boost gauge, chromic breather bypass kit, chrome oil fill tube breather, 42 1/2 pound fuel injectors, adjustable pressure regulator, high performance fuel pump, adjustable watergate actuator, "Duttweiller" modified intercooler neck, intercooler air scoop, chromed mass air flow pipe. "Hooker" performance crossover pipe, 3" downpipe, "Hooker" total exhaust system - 2 1/2 " , low restriction flow catalytic converter . TPS-TEC throttle enhancer, mag-plug wire set, intercooler hose set, 160 degree thermostat, mass air flow sensor. All the work was done by Poston.

-20k original miles
-Original Paint 7 out of 10
-Small "outy" ding left rear quarter
-Peg leg
-Car shifts hard and has good pull even though it is on only 8-10lbs of boost. He said it is making about 380HP and can run 12's. That seems a bit hopeful to me.
-Brakes are terrible. No brake light at all when you turn the key on, brake lag when you stab them and the light flicks on for a second.
-Lifter tick(It is not the injectors). Sounds like it is coming from the driver side right behind alternator/Valve cover.
-Car does not rattle and T-tops do not leak nor show signs of ever leaking.
-Interior is pretty good besides usual problems associated with a regal.
-Usual leaks (Rear Main Valve Covers etc)

Just curious what people think it is worth. I know what he paid for it a few years ago and what he has into it now but the lifter concerns me plus the additional money right away to make it road safe.

Thanks

Keller
12-19-2005, 08:02 PM
What year? What model? What color? What options?

20k miles sounds good, but it sounds like this one was rode pretty hard for the miles. Miles don't mean much if they were all hard miles.

87BLKGN
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
This the one on ebay?

Disst
12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
This the one on ebay?

Yea, was on ebay a few months ago. It is for sale locally, well to me locally.

87 GN

I have some pretty detailed and LARGE pictures if anyone is interested.