PDA

View Full Version : extender chips..

buddiiee
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
quick question on these two upper level chips.
they say that the extender extreme is for injectors 55 pounds and higher, and extends your maf range to 767.
the maft pro eliminates the maf altogether, but you have to tune her with a laptop and some sort of software i imagine.

first question, the extender extreme is for big injectors. cuz of the a/f mixture and flows and all of that. well its saying that it handles the increased air flow/fuel. can i install that on my nearly stock set up now, (all i have is k&n cai, catless 2.5" exhaust, old chip and higher stall converter) so that when i upgrade to the 60 pound mototrons, i dont have to keep buying new toys?
i want to upgrade to the ls-1 maf, and increase my maf range, but dont want to buy another deal when i finally do the 60 pounders.

and finally, the maft pro deal. they said i have to tune it with a laptop (no problem, i can learn fairly quickly) but, is this a constant thing, or do i tune it once, and be done with it. do these things 'fall out of tune' at all? if i could do away with my maf altogether, i would rather save a little more money, and just get that, and be done with the maf dance all the way around.

PaCemkr86
01-07-2006, 07:11 PM
i put motoron 60's and the maftpro with a pro chip on a damn near stock limited using the maf less setup.
I have not used a laptop to tune it yet, and it runs awesome. You can make many adjustments with the maftpro with out a laptop.Its very user freindly

buddiiee
01-09-2006, 01:32 AM
ahh i see. so its awesome eh? yea i was contemplating doing the LS1 maf, translator, with the extender chip for now, cuz its all about 370 dollars for that stuff. while the maftpro is about 400 i think. but, why spend that money twice, when i was going to upgrade to that anyways. i think ill just save a little more, and spring for the mafless setup. thanx.