PDA

View Full Version : guage display

airborne_rex
01-08-2006, 10:25 PM
All the digital gauges in my gn went out a few months ago I just got home and started messing around with it again and i cant seem to get it to work.first i checked the fuses then I changed the dimmer switch on the column but it didnt help. Does anyone know what else could be causing this?

Keller
01-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Hard to say.

Just saw a great set of articles written by John Spina of Casper's Electroncs about how to fix the digital dash maladies, published in the Chicagoland GSCA newsletter. Going to see if we can publish them on the site. Casper's is definitely the source for sorting this stuff out!

airborne_rex
01-09-2006, 09:47 AM
That would really help out a lot. In the meantime would you know how expensive and how hard it would be to switch to the regular analog gauges.

Keller
01-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Just a matter of buying an analog dash (used), removing the digital one, and installing the analog one. You will need a MAP sensor to replace the MAP switch under the hood in order for the boost guage to work. I don't think any wiring modifications are necessary. Should all be plug-n'-play.

airborne_rex
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
will the dash from an 87 regal work or does it have to be another gn dash?

Keller
01-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Depends. Do you care about the tach and boost displays, or not? If not, I don't believe it would matter. I think the speedometer is calibrated the same, and is dependent on the transmission gearing.

I suppose you can swap the lower part that has the boost/tach areas and shift indications. Not critical. They're not considered terribly accurate, anyway.

airborne_rex
01-24-2006, 07:27 PM
I just thought of something that may help me if anyone else has had this problem. the turbo power lights still work on the display but not the odometer speedometer or fuel gauge does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?