PDA

View Full Version : heater water valve

87geeinn
01-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Just so everyone knows, the OEM AC Delco water heater valve has recently been discontinued by GM. Kirban's raised their price from $35 to $60 and there probably aren't to many of those gold anodized ones floating around. Heads up stock guys.

turbojd
01-14-2006, 03:56 PM
The heater water valves are on ebay alot for sale, alot cheaper than $60.00

87geeinn
01-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Doh!!! Being a newbie, I can't count the number of times I have said to myself, "Man I wish I would have researched that a little more." Oh well, at least this gives everyone a heads up before supplies start to dwindle and prices go up

PaCemkr86
01-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Doh!!! Being a newbie, I can't count the number of times I have said to myself, "Man I wish I would have researched that a little more." Oh well, at least this gives everyone a heads up before supplies start to dwindle and prices go up

thanks for the heads up.. :pat:

mikeelia
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
What's wrong with the plastic one [other than it not being stock]?

Mine's been on there for years now.

Mike E

87geeinn
01-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Nothing wrong with aftermarket ones. Hence the reason I stated, "Heads up stock guys."

Keller
01-19-2006, 09:08 AM
They just look...well...plastic. Plus they they always look out of place. The original types, clearcoated, just look right to me.

Guess I'm an OEM freak.

mikeelia
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
They just look...well...plastic. Plus they they always look out of place. The original types, clearcoated, just look right to me.

Guess I'm an OEM freak.

Scott,

At how many horsepower and with which visible mods?? <chuckle> How many of us don't even have a shield on the turbo because the thing won't fit over the downpipe or turbo? <chuckle>

Anyhow, I'm more worried about parts we might need that we can't get in any form...

Mike E

Keller
01-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Well...about 450, and not many to the non-TR person. Other than everything is now chromed or polished. Got tired of everyone at shows ignoring my car. :loll:

We all should be worried. As things get discontinued, it gets harder to keep these cars on the road. Whether you use these parts or not, your TR brothers and sisters might. And we all need to keep these cars on the road. When you know/hear that a part might be discontinued, throw out a heads up so that we all can start grabbing up what we can find. Not to mention getting creative and discovering/creating new and innovative ways to create the same or equivalent parts.