PDA

View Full Version : replaced ttc solenoid, now makes noise

jds
09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
I have an 87 ttype it showed all the signs of the ttc solenoid going so I replaced it. had all the parts, but after opening it up realized the solenoid was the wrong one, so had to order the correct one(that I looked up instead of the parts guy, which I should have done in first place) anyway, I put the pan back on for the week it took to get the part, I installed it today, refilled the tranny it took considerably more than the regular 4 quarts, because some more fliud drained into the pan during the week it sat. I ran it, checked the fluid level, shifted it several times, took it for a short ride, rechecked the fluid level, everything seems fine, shifts good, good fluid level, BUT when I shut the car down now it has a whine (almost sounds like a belt whine) while the engine is winding down and it is definately coming from the tranny region, also after it stops you can here a dripping sound coming from inside the tranny pan. is this just a function of it getting drained more than normal and replenishing the fluid, or does this sound like something else to the experts.
Did I screw something up?

thank you in advance for the insight.

Jeff

Turbo2nr
09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
the converter is going south? Tranny noises are a scarry sound. (knock on wood) Bad pump? Was there a check ball somewhere in the tcc lines?