PDA

View Full Version : The old sink drain to upper rad hose trick...

mikeelia
01-18-2006, 08:20 PM
I remember a few years ago one member said he picked up some 1-1/2 inch kitchen sink piping [chrome plated] , cut it up and used it to extend and modify his upper radiator hose [in lieu of dealing with that hard to find part].

Has anyone else done this?

Mike E

Keller
01-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Sort of like this?

http://www.gbodyparts.com/index.php?cPath=46_21_61&osCsid=918f6ec4683acfc4bc7dd6b398be682a

RonS86GN
01-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Cheaper from Mease Racing Fabrication, check ebay he was listing on there. Just got one for $85.00

mikeelia
01-25-2006, 05:15 PM
If I recall, it was Bruce Plecan who said he did it [remember when he was experimenting with his intercooler delete?] for just a few dollars [like ten bucks plus a bunch of clamps]. I think the idea was two-fold: first to eliminate the destruction [and thus purchase] of that special upper hose, and secondly to allow for easy routing modification. Well, three-fold if you count saving money... <chuckle>

The reason I asked, was that I am not certain if anyone had the things on their cars for the long term. It also seemed like using chrome plated kitchen sink drain pipe would look ok and be more than tough enough for this application.

I modified my hose just a little when I put the "big mouth" cold air piping on, so I've been thinking about it [on and off anyway] ever since.

Mike E