PDA

View Full Version : A Little More Info Please(turbolink)

M2GN
01-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Here`s a little more info. after looking everthing over to make sure there were no leaks of any kind and replacing the TPS. I started the turbolink to see what cames up and here are the numbers:
strip chart:
RPMS:625 TO 700 int = 124 to 135 esc =5 lv8 = 36# to 41# maf = 4gm/sec 02 = 82 to 798 xcnts = 2# to 17# volts =13.8 iac =48# to 52# egr = 0% blm = 140 to 143 mixture = lean loop = closed.the tps was set at 0.45v almost forgot integator = 123 to 136 up and down, the block learn = 140 to 143. stayed on 140 for a long time. Some of the numbers jump up and down, Now does it look like am close to the mark or am i lost? I don`t know where i should be with the number. So please let me know what you think. If you need more info let me know.

Keller
01-19-2006, 11:51 PM
MAF looks a bit low (I usually see 6 g/s at idle).
Might be due to the RPMs, which are a bit low (should be 750 - probably more in park).
Cross counts should vary a lot frame-to-frame. If they don't, you may have a bad MAF or another problem.
Car is probably too lean.
BLM is too high. Should be closer to 128. What is the FP?

See http://www.gnttype.org/maint/quickref.html

M2GN
01-20-2006, 12:26 AM
keller, i installed a boost sensing harness, i got it with my turbolink, it tells you to disconnect the wire to the mat sensor and connect the harness to the mat sensor wire. could that be why my maf are low. as for my fp i don`t know, but i will find out and get back to you. by the way i`m going to install a translator with a 3" ls1 maf as soon as it came in. do you think that would help?

M2GN
01-20-2006, 12:35 AM
keller, i installed a boost sensing harness, i got it with my turbolink, it tells you to disconnect the wire to the mat sensor and connect the harness to the mat sensor wire. could that be why my maf are low. as for my fp i don`t know, but i will find out and get back to you. by the way i`m going to install a translator with a 3" ls1 maf as soon as it came in. do you think that would help?how can i get my blm numbers down and what did you mean cross counts should vary frame to frame?

kenmosher
01-20-2006, 03:45 PM
MAF isn't low due to boost harness ... sounds like the MAF itself my be failing. I'd wait on connecting that up until we get the car sorted out first.

To get a good idea of target numbers, press "F1" while in TurboLink and then surf around to "Tuning with TurboLink" and the section "How do I ... interpret the data". That'll give you a lot of the "target" numbers.

In general, to get the BLM to move around, you raise or lower fuel pressure and let the ECM adjust. If there's a vacuum leak or air leak after the MAF (or a bad MAF) you might see abnormal BLMs regardless what you adjust. A notorious source of air leaks are bad PCV valves on these cars ... the boost tends to kill the seats.

Need to know fuel pressure before we go too nuts trying to guess what's going on here.

M2GN
01-20-2006, 11:13 PM
The fp is at 40psi. By the way, i just got my translator today. I`m going to reinstall the turbolink tomorrow and I`ll let you know what comes up. I like to thank you and all the menbers of GNTTYPE for all the help you guys have given me. thanks: Mike

kenmosher
01-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I'd up the pressure to 43-45 psi or so ...