PDA

View Full Version : LT1 + Translator upgrade

87geeinn
01-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Since my rebuilt stock type MAF seems to work fine, would there be any benefit to upgrading to a LT1 and Translator. If so, what? Increased air flow, etc? Or should I just wait until my current MAF starts acting up?

PaCemkr86
01-21-2006, 11:30 PM
being able to tune fuel at part , and wot
and timming at part and wot throttle

87geeinn
01-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Ok, but I can do that with Eric's TurboTweak chips. Anything besides that? If not, I'll stick with what I have. Prishyeateit.

PaCemkr86
01-22-2006, 03:53 AM
im very happy with my t plus set up, the only way id go MAFTpro on my ttype is if i didnt already have the Ls1 MAF and trans+

87geeinn
01-22-2006, 04:10 AM
That MAFTpro is some serious business. I read up on all the fine tuning you can do with that sucker. That's definitely too much for me. Not that I couldn't handle it, but geez, sometimes I just want to take a drive with the t-tops off and relax. Contrary to what most think, I do have a life outside my GN. :winkgrin: I can see myself spending all of my waking hours on something like that tweaking until they put me away for good. Just imagine where these cars will be in ten years! I'm set, I'll save a half-grand and stick with my inferior, restrictive, one-screen rebuilt stock MAF. :D

JHensberry
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Well, on the flip side of that, there are guys out there they spend way to much $$$ on performance upgrades. That device is a more defined "scan/tuning" tool. How many questions could have been answered quicker if a guy had spent money on a scan tool instead of "go fast" parts having no clue how they all interact and what the numbers mean. There are many cases out there about guys that throw money at the car and expect it to run, then you have guys that understand how to tune properly and run better/faster with alot less money in the cars. It is all about what your goals are and how you go about reaching them. Thanks, Joseph.