PDA

View Full Version : No Spark or Fuel

jimj38
01-22-2006, 07:25 PM
I recently bought my 84 Grand National and had to rebuild it from the get go. It is all together but I can't seem to get any fuel past the injectors and no spark to the plugs. I know that the coil packs are notorious for being problems on the 84-85's could that be the problem. I've also checked all the connections, i.e., sensor and injector connectors, but still have no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I have loved these cars since they come out and I finally have one.

Keller
01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Could be a lot of things.

I suspect you have the crank sensor sitting with the wrong window/keyway open to the crank shutter wheel and/or have the cam sensor set improperly.

Was the car running before you tore it apart?

(robbie/vinnie)
01-22-2006, 09:59 PM
i have the same problem with my 87 gn,is their a page that shows how to properly set crank senor with the rigt window,i just used the feeler guage.

jimj38
01-22-2006, 10:13 PM
I bought the car apart except for the body and interior. The motor was in pieces. I have several books that I have bought since and went step by step. I set the timing just like it said in the manual also set the cam sensor with the cam sensor tool. I'm not sure on the crank sensor, I'll check it out, plus I have a few more suggestions that I have received from mechanics to look at! Thanks for the reply!!