PDA

View Full Version : Red/Orange Stripe vs. Vigilante TC

87geeinn
01-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I believe I'm in need of a higher stall t.c. With my new TA49 and 009s, the car is lazy on spoolup and I would like to get a consensus on what I should aim for. This will be a purely street driven car that will eventually have an alky setup. I see the expensive Vigilante's, but they seem constructed more for track use. All I am looking for is a little more time before the t.c. locks up and to reduce the lag on the street/at red lights, etc. Judging by what Full Throttle has on their website, would the Orange or Red Stripe be a good choice for me? They almost seem inferior using the price alone as a guide. Are the Vigilante's kind of like the Rolex's of t.c's or something? Oh yeah, I want a t.c. that is known for longevity/reliability. Thanks.

kenmosher
01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
The Vigalantte is definitely overkill for what you are planning. They are made for pretty high HP applications. The modified stock style converters (the various "colored stripe converters") are fine for what you are doing.

I would look very hard at the chip calibration and for leakage around the wastegate puck though ... a TA49 should work fine with a stock converter. Maybe a hint of lag, but nothing dramatic.