PDA

View Full Version : I'm considering bidding, what should I ask?

SavageATL
01-27-2006, 10:45 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-T-Tops-28K-miles_W0QQitemZ4608048076QQcategoryZ6137QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This GN has the mileage I'm looking for and the T-tops, but I'm wondering if there are any members in the area who could inspect the car for me? I've never bought a car I couldn't see/drive before and I really don't know quite what to ask- I have asked for a Carfax and a few other basic questions but any help I could get would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spool'n Fool
01-28-2006, 11:31 PM
I've had great success's with ebay car purchases.. I've bought 3 cars including my present 87 GN T-Top (Made out great on that one!)... Pictures, pictures and pictures are what you want and telephone conversations to feel the owner out (If he's a for real honest guy or a con). See if he's car or GN savvy. Have him tell you the option codes on the trunk label... make sure the labels vin # matches the car and there is a WE2 for GN, etc.. I know one family that got duped on a clone recently. This website has a good guide for buyers of GN's.

I just went to look at a 86 T Top that needed some body work and I saw some pic's... I traveled 550 miles today carrying a car dolly behind my van... The car was a great disappointment! I came home empty handed.... The guy didn't know cars very well..

Make sure the owner knows of your expectations so you can get specifics out of him/her. Have him/her look for rust in the usual GN places. Base all payments on final inspection of the vehicle at pickup. Good luck!