PDA

View Full Version : Crank Sensor Removal And Install

GNXCLONE
02-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Does anybody have some info on the removal and installation of this sensor?

I believe mine is bad and I need some help on this part.

Keller
02-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Not quite sure what there is to know. Getting the correct gap on either side when replacing it is pretty key. And using the right slot when installing it.

What questions do you have?

http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=672&highlight=crank+sensor

JHensberry
02-26-2006, 03:13 PM
What makes you think your is bad? Any codes? RPM hunting? Not starting? The installation/removal is pretty simple, but the pain is getting the proper clearance, with a filler gauge, in the window for the rings to go through. Just take your IC out, and you can muscle the IC fan to turn the engine to get things to line up. Do a search on the forum to help, the crank sensor been beat around not too long ago.

Keller
02-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Just take your IC out, and you can muscle the IC fan to turn the engine to get things to line up.
Should not have to take the IC out or fight the IC fan to spin the motor. Just use the starter to get it where you want it. I've used slices of 2L pop/soda bottles as crude feeler gauges before after checking the thickness first. The curvature makes them ideal.

JHensberry
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Preciate that, will keep in mind for future tinkering. My forearms were sore afterward, lol.

kenmosher
02-27-2006, 06:05 PM
:D ... yep, the "patented Keller coke bottle trick" ...

Works well ... who'd a thunk it?