PDA

View Full Version : Awsome Brakes

Dave Burchfiel
03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
I installed a hydraboost unit from Hydratech and I can't believe the difference between these and the vacuum brakes they replaced. After hating the brakes from the time the car was new and changing everything this was the ticket. They provide at least twice the braking power of the vacuum brakes. Everything bolted in in about an hour and a half with another hour or so to bleed the system.

I haven't been able to lock up the brakes without standing on it since I went to 245/50 16" tires 15 years ago. Now I can do it with toe pressure and they are progressive and easy to modulate.

The company is very customer oriented and Paul Clark, the owner can make suggestions as to master cylinders etc. I went with a MC from a C3 corvette with a 1 1/8" bore. This was recomended because it works with the stock disc/drum brakes I have now as well as disc/disc which I'll be going to in the future.

If anyone wants my used vacuum system let me know. I don't have a pedal because I just drilled a hole in mine and put in a shoulder bolt but I have everything else including a polished vacuum pod. $50 plus shipping.