PDA

View Full Version : Interior Door Pull Strap Cover Color?

BASSr
03-04-2006, 08:43 AM
OK guys, just like on the description on this thread, I want to validate the color of the door pull strap covers. You know the ones that go over the screws that hold the door pull(s) in place that always are a pain since they break by just looking at them! :brows:

I have the darker/medium grey color on my '87 GN, but the '87 T-Type I just bought has silver ones in place. The T-Type is dark blue exterior with blue interior, bucket seats.

The ones on the T-Type actually look wrong since the coloring of the chrome has the darker grey on them and I think these are just wrong for this car. The caps

Any opinions or facts from any one? Any way to tell from the RPO code's?

kenmosher
03-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Here's a picture of new ones from GM ... last I looked at mine, they are very close to these in color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Grand-National-Turbo-Regal-Door-Pull-crew-Covers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQitemZ8043 627588QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

BASSr
03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Here's a picture of new ones from GM ... last I looked at mine, they are very close to these in color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Grand-National-Turbo-Regal-Door-Pull-crew-Covers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQitemZ8043 627588QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Ken,

Those are what I call the "silver" ones. Those are what I have on the T-Type and they do not match the coloring of the rest of the chrome strip along the top door panel, which is the darker grey color.

The darker grey color is what is correct for the GN and I bought several sets of these back in the early '90's for the GN.

Is there any way to tell what color was put on the T-Type from the factory? Are they different with different color interiors (Blue versus Grey)?

Bruce

Keller
03-06-2006, 01:02 AM
There are official names for all of these colors. I forget them now.

The dark 'argent' toned silver is what is used on the '87 T cars. The 'aluminum' toned silver is used in other applications. However, not sure specifically which. They do not vary by car color. Its more by car year. Screw covers in the darker tone are no longer available. None of them may be.

Keller
03-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Any way to tell from the RPO code's?
Nope. But the darker ones are what you need for an '87. I'll find the # somewhere...

Keller
03-07-2006, 03:23 PM
What you need is 20656104 Group 14.691. Description on the package reads "CVR DR PU".

BASSr
03-19-2006, 07:42 AM
What you need is 20656104 Group 14.691. Description on the package reads "CVR DR PU".
Thanks for the info. From what I understand is that these are no longer available.

Anybody know of anyone who repro's them?

Bruce

NOTACARLO
03-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Http://www.kirbanperformance.com

I bought mine from him.

BASSr
03-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Http://www.kirbanperformance.com (http://www.kirbanperformance.com/)

I bought mine from him.
How is the quality of Dennis's? They look good in the picture but I seen women who look good in a picture and .............:brows:

I have a friend who is reproing some '69 Camaro parts and can do some really great stuff with these....anybody interested?

Bruce

NOTACARLO
03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Kirbans are as close to OEM as Earthly possible. I bought a dozen and keep'em in the glove box.