PDA

View Full Version : this is a dumb question, but worth a shot

grandnasty84
03-07-2006, 08:27 PM
my dad has a set of two huge Ray Jay turbos he had on his 90 suburban for more torque when pulling the trailer. he took them off and they have been sitting in the garage for about 5 years. i was wondering if anybody has heard of ray jay or if it is possible to mod them to fit a grand nastional. thanks

Keller
03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Yes, I've heard of RayJay. But...why bother? There are already a myriad of good selections tuned to work with the TRs, and more coming out. And these are new technology. Why cobble up something you dug out of the garage?

grandnasty84
03-07-2006, 11:33 PM
well i'd love to buy a new turbo but my wallet isn't that fat. i dont know, if i get bored enough with enough time on my hands i might just go for a twin turbo setup. who knows.

Ormand
03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
There are some folks with twin turbo setups, but they had to do a lot of fab work to get the exhaust headers to work, and some more to get the air through the intercoolers and into the engine. Eastern Performance has a kit they just came out with, they claim huge power gains, but it costs nearly ten grand!

JHensberry
03-08-2006, 07:18 PM
10 grand for twin turbos, well I can mark that of the list for future mods, lol