PDA

View Full Version : stock turbo guage problem

Turbobuick2
03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
i am the proud new owner of a 84 gn. this car is in excellent shape with only 64,000 miles, all stock and everything works as it should except my boost guage isn't working. when i turn the ignition on, the first 2 light bars illuminate, but thats it, they stay on the entire time and never show any more bars when the turbo boost is obviously kicking in. i'm not even sure where the sending unit is. i've looked in my chilton manaul and have attempted research online to no avail. i've checked all my vacuum hoses and everything seems to be in good order. does anybody have any suggestions i might try? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

84GNHATTOP
03-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Check the map sensor on the passinger side fender the hose comes from the base of the intake just below the turbo and goes to the boost soloniod and the map sensor(passenger side fender) sometimes the plastic hose melts or breaks around the turbo
Hope that helps

Turbobuick2
03-08-2006, 09:06 AM
that was it! and man how brittle these lines are. i've eliminated them as much as possible and replaced with new rubber vaccum hose. thank you very much! i owe you one