PDA

View Full Version : armor all streaks....

buddiiee
03-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Anyone use armor all in their interiors? if so, what do you do to apply it, without streaking it. I never liked to use anything other than water on my interior but, i am going to try it this season. i used my daily driver as a testbed, and streaked the top of the dash. any tips on how not to do that again?

PIreland
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Apply generously in the shade, let sit, and wipe excess off with a clean rag.

www.autopia.org is quite a place for detailing information, you may be interested.

Patrick

JHensberry
03-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree with the "apply in shade". I've always had good luck by applying a small amount on a terry cloth towel and then wiping the interior. That way you have a good even "clean" with out the build up in one area. I learned the hard way about spraying directly on the surfaces, makes a mess and also sometimes the contact area looks more shiny than the other areas. HTH, Joseph

kenmosher
03-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I like to stay with products with less sheen (and less silicone, if possible).

Mequires makes some nice leather cleaner/protectant that works pretty decent on vinyl/trim ... kind of like hand lotion, but it seems to really pull up grease and dirt and work into the material. It also doesn't leave a greasy film ... it's a pain in the butt (lots of work to work it in), but I've used on several cars and like the results.

buddiiee
03-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Ahhh I see. good tips. I also called armor all, and asked them what they do to reduce streaks. They said, to rewipe the entire area with a warm cloth. or, to just try and reapply some more product on it. and yea, thats the feeling i get, is to do it in the shade, and not apply it directly onto the surface. good deal. thanks for the tips.