PDA

View Full Version : It won't start any more HELP!

87GNNY
03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Well her we go my first buick turbo and I need all the help I can get I was able to start the car but it would not run at idle the I un plugged the computer and removed the chip couple days later installed it back in and won't even start no power to fuel pump relay from ecu I just got this car two weeks ago also knowing about all these problems but now can somebody HELP ME!

JHensberry
03-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Check out the no start section on the website, and also on the FAQ in the forum.
Is the orange ECM wire from the battery still plugged up?
Is the chip installed correctly?
It did start before you pulled the chip out, correct?

87GNNY
03-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks for responding yes the orange wire is plug and power getting to ecm chip is installed correctly and yes it ran but not at idle it would stall now I don't get any power to my fuel pump

JHensberry
03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Are there any fuses blown that you know of?
What does, "Yes it ran, but not at idle" mean, it will start up and run in Park and die in Drive, or what?
Does it just start up and die a few seconds later?
IMHO, get a service manual, scan tool, and FP/H2O/OIL/Boost,Vac gauge to help with any further problems with the car. Will make you life alot easier in the long run.

87GNNY
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
no all fuses ok and it would run but not at idle in park it would start then die but if u would play with the gas pedel and rev it it will keep running till u stop playing with the gas pedel

87GNNY
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
but now i don'tget power to the fuel pump at all thinking the chip went bad or even the ecm

Keller
03-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Is the fuel pump relay sound?

Is the oil pressure switch working? (Since it is in the circuit after cranking...)

Do you have a scan tool, VOM, wiring diagram, or anything else to use to diagnose the car>

87GNNY
03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Where is the oil pressure switch located :drive:

NOTACARLO
03-14-2006, 09:39 PM
The oil pressure switch is below the turbo against the block, just to the left of the timing cover. It will most likely have a big black slimy plug going to it.
The switch itself is round with three male connectors facing the front of the car.

What kind of chip is it?

If it is a Thrasher, it may have an anti-theft feature which will let the car run at start up for about a 1/2 second.

Do you know what has already been done to the car?

JHensberry
03-14-2006, 09:39 PM
The oil pressure switch is located on the block on the ps., should be little left of where the rad house comes into water pump. The OP switch is circular with spade terminals in a U shape. It is died into your fuel pump relay.
Does your oil dummy light work?

87GNNY
03-18-2006, 05:05 PM
ok am back to square one got her to start but dies at idle

JHensberry
03-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Will it start up and die each time?
How long before it quits in idle?
Is this in Park or Drive?
Any FP data?
You can go to Advanced Auto and get a FP gauge to hook on the rail to help test things out.
Do you know if you have an anti-theft feature on your chip?

87GNNY
03-19-2006, 12:10 PM
she will start and won't idle runs for about a sec but if u give it gas she'll keep runing as long as u have ur foot on the gas ur ok but u put it in drive thats it dies chip is a 93 red armstrongstock injectors and my rpm gauge is pegged all the way up all the time the minute u turn on the ignition

87GNNY
03-19-2006, 12:10 PM
fp set at 45

87GNNY
03-19-2006, 12:11 PM
changed the iac as well