PDA

View Full Version : which turbo?

JoeD
03-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Back for more advise. I've completed my winter overhaul project which included amoung other things HV oil pump. Car is running great but I noticed that the turbo is passing oil through the bearings. At this time I have stock fuel delivery, but will upgrade the pump and injectors next winter. As this will be a daily driver, I'm not looking to replace the torque converter. I want(need) to replace the turbo and have spoken to a couple of people including the guy's at Full Throttle and Limit. Each had a slightly differnet suggestion. GT5031E/GT3255E or TA49. Which one is the best choice?

Phatman
03-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I'd say it depends on weather or not you would like to retain the stock look " TA-49 "... Or if it's not that important to you, I think the TE-44 or TE-60 are hard to beat. I'm kinda old school and still on the learning curve as far as the new turbo's go.... I'd say you could run up to the TE-60 with your stock converter and up-graded fuel system. Also, not that it's any of my business, but I would spring for new injectors over used unless you know are certain of their history.