PDA

View Full Version : vacuum hose problem for 87 gn

Turbobuick2
03-15-2006, 12:45 PM
i have just purchased a low mile all original 87 gn and i've noticed that on the right hand (passenger) side valve cover is a little electical module with 2 vacuum ports on the front of it. i can see that one port is connected to the wastegate, but the other port has nothing on it and i can't find anywhere where it might go. does anyone know what it should be connected to? i've looked in my chilton manual and done a little bit of research on the internet to no avail. i hope this isn't something thats really obvious. this is my first intercooled gn. my other gn is a 84.

Keller
03-15-2006, 01:34 PM
It originally had a little foam block on it. However, there was nothing to retain it, so they eventually blow off. Don't worry; its not needed and wouldn't be there long if replaced anyway.

JHensberry
03-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Did not have much success troubleshooting problems with the Chiltons manual in the past. If you are going to keep the car and would like to work on a few things yourself, try going to helm.com and get an official Buick shop manual.

87GNNY
03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah no hosees go there check on ebay at the grand nationals there and see the pics with the engine compartment you'll see every car does not have anything there

Ormand
03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
The shop manual and the parts manual are both available from Buick gurus for less than $20. Those two things will help a lot in figuring things out, along with the info on this site.