PDA

View Full Version : Methanol?

87TIGN
03-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I have an 87 GN and I am about to do some upgrades on it one of them being a Snow Performance Stage 2 Methonal Injection Kit. Is this a wise idea? I know it can be hard to tune but when it is tuned it works like a dream I hear. The kit is $389. Here is a link to it. It is the top one on the list as your scroll down part # SNO-20010
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=snow+performance&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp
Any suggestions or feedback? Anybody have any experience with methanol injection? Thanks

cpac
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
do your self a favour and put a razor kit on he answers his phone and can advise you on a alky chip and any technical problems with his kit you will install and drive thats it thier is a blue knob to add or remove methonal richness

87TIGN
03-25-2006, 09:52 PM
So you recommend alcohol injection rather than methanol? I have heard good things about both. I guess my question is what is the difference between the two?

kenmosher
03-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Methanol IS alcohol ... with any of these kits (Razor, SMC, Snow, Coolingmist Devil's Own) you can inject various types of alcohol (denatured, isopropyl, methanol, ethanol, etc.) ... usually mixed with a certain amount of water.

Methanol is one of the better fluids based on specific energy content (BTUs) and latent heat of evaporation (takes more heat out of the air charge to evaporate).

87TIGN
03-26-2006, 02:39 PM
:doh: Ohhh ok I get it now. Cool thanks for clearing that up.