PDA

View Full Version : Yet another tire/wheel question

ForensicDoc
05-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I just purchased a 1987 Regal Limited T-Type (my second T) that I am looking into buying wheels and tires for. I have pretty much read every tire and wheel post on this board and I have decided to go with 15" Torque Thrust D wheels. For the front the wheels are 15 x 7 with -6 mm offset and 3-3/4 backspacing. Front tire size will be 225/60-15. From what I have read I should have no trouble with the front.

My question is about the rear tires/wheels. I am planning to run 275/50-15 Nitto drag radials on the rear. Everything I have read has said a 15 x 8 or 8.5 wheel with 4" BS will fit. The only problem is that the Torque Thrust D's only come in 15 x 8.5 with -24 mm offset and 3-3/4" backspace.

My suspension is stock though I do plan on adding airbags and HR Parts and Stuff's upper and lower control arms and rear sway/anti-roll bar some time inthe future.

Will I have any fitment issues with this setup? I don't want to roll the fender or anything like that.

Is anyone running this size wheel and tire setup on the rear? what have been your experiences with it?

Thanks for the help.

Keller
05-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I run 275/50-15 BFGs on the street and 27x11.5 Hoosiers at the track. Either are mounted on 8.5" American Racing Vector's with 3.5" backspace. Airbags, too. Just installed the HRpartsnstuff pieces, though the car hasn't moved yet. I wish I had closer to 4", but 3.5" is it. On a *very* hard bump, they might just lightly zing the edge of the trim a bit. Not enough to want to roll the lips or rip the trim off.

Enough to want to have a 3.75" or 4" backspace, though. :D The wheels would look better that way, too. You'll be fine with 3.75. :thumbsup: