PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Cutouts

91rangerturbo
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I am getting ready for a new exhaust system on my 84 gn.

This includes Mease 3" downpipe, Atr Up-Pipe, postons crossover, postons headers.

I then was pondering the idea of (Straight Pipe) side exhaust ?

or a single ran all the way to the rear with muffler and having a 3" cutout.

I really like the electric cutouts but don't think i can afford one now. So i have been looking at the manual cutouts with wing nuts. Are those prone to leaking really bad after uncapping and capping them back?

Mufflers are another thing what is a good flowing straight thru design that is quiet?

kenmosher
05-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Back when I ran a cutout (in front of the stock exhaust), I used a typical 3 bolt header collector flange and a nice THICK (like 3/8") piece of steel and 3 wingnuts and a collector gasket. Never had a leak.

Pretty cheap too ... had a friend weld it up and it worked great!

onefastcar
05-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I wanted to reply about this just got mine installed man what a difference, i put dual flowmaster stage twos (big mistake oh well) but i tell ya what i felt the difference with it uncapped my god its loud also and when capped no leak for seat of pants dyno it made a huge difference that i can feel $22 jegs cutout+ $40 install=best bang besides alky that i have seen just get some ear plugs boy i can really hear that turbo spool now!:thumbsup: