PDA

View Full Version : Turbolink Cable

84GNHATTOP
05-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Hello Ken can you tell me if anybody has had a problem with Turbo Link ver 2.13(maybe 2.31) anyways my problem is as soon as I start the program on my laptop I can hear the engines idle jump up a bit and when i check turbolink it is in Normal mode not ALDL Mode so it should not change anything should it the other problem is erratic data all the time the engine doest have to be running for the data to go askew (prom id changes, speed to 135 etc)
I did a search and found where some people had problems with junk data and have checked everthing from inverters(has the same problems plugged into the wall outlet), ground, wiring,alternator, fan relays(dissconnected them no diff) Could the cable be bad? oh yeaah the car has been converted to 86-87 ecm coil etc got a turbo tweak chip and a MAFT and 3" MAf
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

kenmosher
05-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Well, the "newest" v2.13 cable is now almost 7 years old, so it is conceivable something has gone bad.

It still sounds to me like the FET that controls the ALDL mode got zapped.

You should see "ALDL" in the numeric screen ECM mode parameter. Problem is, the program doesn't know this and so is trying to show the data as NORMAL mode, which causes a lot of what you are seeing.

You can cut the ORANGE wire in the PC side of the cable... that will disable the ALDL mode (which most people don't use much anyway).

Other things would be floating grounds in the car or at the ALDL connector.

84GNHATTOP
05-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Well I snipped the orange wire in the pc end of the cable now it wont talk to the ecm at all :dunno: guess its time to upgrade. unless any other ideas
Thanks