PDA

View Full Version : transmission 1-2 shifting

jbgnx38
05-29-2006, 02:52 AM
I put in a B&M transpak and set the tv cable, the tranny is supposed to shift firm and what not, but it seems to "hang" or hesitate a bit before it shifts and then it rarely squaks the tires(chirps louder at half throttle than wot). any ideas on what the probem is? thanks.

kenmosher
05-29-2006, 09:33 AM
PLEASE .. take a minute and post in the proper Forum. You'll have a better chance of more people seeing it and answering.

The FAQ is truly for frequently asked questions and answers, not general tech...

As to you problem ...
1. All check balls in place?
2. VB seperator plate gasket misaligned or leaking
3. TV spring replaced as part of the kit?
4. Fluid level at about a pint over the fill line (recommended)
5. Did you replace the accumulator springs or shim them?
6. Did you use the Heavy Duty instructions or the Street instructions?

PaCemkr86
05-29-2006, 11:25 AM
sounds like it may be flareshifting, what kind of condition was the trans in before you installed the shift kit?
was it fresh or is it high mileage?

jbgnx38
05-30-2006, 05:46 PM
sorry about posting it in the wrong forum, oops :duh: , umm i followed the b&m instructions to a "T" and everything went together smoothly and freely, the ATF is right on the full mark, it is an all original 75,000 mile american car, the tranny shifted smoothly like a stock one should, the 2-3 shift was good too. Oh yea i almost forgot, it shifts 2-3 nice and crisp with no hesitation every time, but the 1-2 RANDOMLY shifts strong with no hesitation. its like "hit and miss" with this thing

mark ace
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
sometimes the accumulator piston wears out in center where pin is! can relate to this problem :idea: