PDA

View Full Version : Turbolink 2.11

T-Type
06-09-2006, 10:57 PM
I have in my possesion Turbolink v2.11 which I had purchased way back when. (I had it upgraded to 2.13, but over time and various computers the upgrade got lost). I have not touched it in a couple years and now I am trying to use it again. But it won't connect to the ECM. (As I recall, the reason I had stopped using it was that it wouldn't connect to the ECM.) I'm looking for any help or suggestions I can get.

I realize there is a version 4.0 now (or other scan tools) but my finances are very tight and if I could get the old one working, it would help me out until I could afford something new.

BTW I am running Windows XP on a compaq nc6000.

Keller
06-10-2006, 12:12 AM
This is a DOS program. Its pretty critical that the machine start in DOS mode to run it correctly. Both for the screen interface and port control. Try creating a DOS boot disk for when you want to use this software.

kenmosher
06-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Scott is correct .. the program will run, but it won't connect with Windows 2000/XP, which is why we came out with the Windows native version in 2000.

A DOS boot disk or partition on your HD will allow the software to connect.

T-Type
06-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Well, I made a DOS boot disk (I think). I can get the computer to boot up into DOS, although it will then only recognize the A: drive. Which is OK because I put in another diskette with Turbolink 2.13 (I found the newer one in my files) and Turbolink does start up. However still no connection with the ECM.... :(