PDA

View Full Version : replacing coil pack

wilson
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
i am going to replace my coil pack to see if that is the problem,when i bought the car it came with abox of spare parts including a coil, but when i went to switch it out i noticed that it is reversed the 2,4,6 side on the existing one is towards the front of the car, plug on the drivers side, the new one is the opposite.1,3,5 in the front with plug to the drivers side. would this be of a different year, would it work. my gn is an 86. any advise?

87geeinn
06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
WTF?

The wiring harness plugs into the ignition module on the driver's side and the coil pack sits on top of the ign. module. Looking from the top, the coil pack should look as follows:

426 <--harness plugs in on this side (driver's side)

Keller
06-14-2006, 09:40 PM
You are looking at a coil pack and module, together. Its possible that someone put them together with the coil flipped around.

The trick is figuring out which way it is wired. That will tell you what numbers really mean what. And knowing if it is a good one. Actually, both terminals of each coil fire at the same time.

It is possible it is off a different car. Possibly a FWD 3800. Have to compare to the original to see what pins are showing on the module terminal on the end. And then, I'm still not sure that will tell you anything.

wilson
06-15-2006, 08:40 AM
if the pins line up could i try it or would that cause big problems. itook it apart but there's no room to spin it around the wires are to short.also it has 85 stamped on the flipside.