PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket ECU and EBC"s?

summoner
10-18-2004, 03:47 AM
I've noticed no posts in this area(well for last 30 days) does no-one in USA use an Aftermarket ECU for the Buick 3.8l? are there no US ecu's or is it just a case of burn a rom and hope for the best?

If that is the case I can recommend the Haltech E6K as a viable ecu for entry level control of the 3.8l buick website is www.haltech.com.au

Also top end stuff like MoTeC ecu's(no not fast and furious exhausts) which can be found at www.motec.com.au

Boost control can also be handled via an EBC(electronic boost controller) such as a greddy profec b(S1/S2) or A'Pexi AVC-R.. Seems alot of these methods arent used(just from what i've seen briefly) by many people with GN/T Types why is this? or are they used widely just not as documented?

Basically I come from a more japanese import car background and these are often common methods used for boost control/tuning :)

Any further advice would be cool though

Turbo2nr
10-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Most all serious guys use a stand alone computer, very common. The "FAST" system is very popular. Regal guys are down with the latest products. If you are using a stand alone system, chances are you can work out your own problems, so you won't see many of those guys posting silly questions on here. There is also a new aftermarket chip for stock ECM that uses a wide band 02 for closed loop WOT. No shortage of smart guys with Turbo Reagals, thats for sure!

summoner
10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Don't doubt the intelligence just didnt see any threads in here so it seemed more were leaning towards the piggyback/ROM option thats all :D

Turbo2nr
10-19-2004, 06:11 AM
This is an awsome web site. It is more geared toward info about stock cars. If you want to see some conversation about ECMs, then go to turbobuick.com. This web (gnttype) has had a recent re-boot. There was a lot of lost topics. 90% of people still use chips, but if you want to go fast, 10-8sec runs, a stand alone computer is the way to go. :)