PDA

View Full Version : Power Master Pressure Switch

castrigc
07-14-2006, 09:33 PM
THe Powermaster system is new to me. Last night while at a show my 4 year old noted that the car was leaking...thanks goodness!

The problem is the Power Master Pressure Switch (3 wire switch directly behind the master cylinder cover) is leaking at the base.

I called a local GM dealer who performed a regional, national and international search for GM part #13162007 but to no avail. No aftermarket parts available either.

My GN has 17,700 original miles and I want to keep the system working as designed for authenticity purposes.

Does anyone know where I can locate this pressure switch? Help!

kenmosher
07-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Try Poston's and Kirban's. I think at one time they had a replacement part ...

zeus87gn
07-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Something else you can check...If I understand you correctly...
If the oring on the base of the switch is still in 1 piece, you can smear a small dab of white lithium grease on the oring to help it seal. It is not a permanent solution, but it can get you by until a proper fix is devised.
Don't forget to depressureze the system before you remove the switch to check the oring.

Glad to hear another PM will be kept alive!

turbofish38
07-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Try using these part numbers.
GM-18038508
Delco-18M755

Still available from those two sources. GM MSRP $217.22.

gohootie
07-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I was in need of the pressure switch myself. After many hours on the net, I found them for the best price through an AC Delco parts retailer, $115.00.
The AC Delco part#18M755 is the exact replacement for GM#18038508 and 18018141. Good Luck!

castrigc
08-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Thank you for al your insight! I ordered the partand replaced it and it works great except for the brake pedal feels more soft than my silverado!!

nos4gn
08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Just in case you are looking for other parts in the future, and want to keep your GN stock, check out our website at: www.nos4gn.com

We have a very nice selection of NOS and New GM
or ACDelco parts "IN STOCK".

Our parts are Brand NEW never installed, and we ship fast!

Keller
08-09-2006, 09:38 PM
the brake pedal feels more soft than my silverado!!
May need to bleed the system.

castrigc
08-14-2006, 07:44 PM
The brake light now flashes on and off extremely quickly when I apply the brakes.....I assume the accumulator bowl is going bad( diaphragm inside) :hail:

zeus87gn
08-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Never heard this one before. :what:
Sounds like it's time to run some diagnostics. :faint:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html

Did you bleed the cr@p out of the entire system?
Are you sure this replacement switch is new (from reputable vendor)?
Is your parking brake pedal secure when it is released?

86gngirl2
08-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Same thing happened to my GN. First the switch went, I was 5 min. from home and milked it. Replaced the switch filled up the missing fluid, bled it and took it for a test drive. The pedal was real soft and brake light flashing on and off. When the switch went bad it ran the system low enough that it screwed everything up, mainly the PM motor. I had the whole system rebuilt and haven't had a problem since. Listen to the system while the cars on ( it works in park ) and aply the brack pedal, You may hear a whine noise on the drivers side threw the dash.
If you do have it rebuilt, find some one that knows these systems, or you can do it yourself. I think Zeus knows where to get the kits and more about that part then I do.
Good Luck!
:2c: