PDA

View Full Version : Frame I.d

1986GN
07-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Is There Any Numbers On Frame,like Serial Numbers,reason For Question Is I Have A 87 With Front End Damage I Found A Frame Of A Guy In The Local Paper He Does Not Have Any Paper Work For Frame Iam Worried This Thing Might Be "hot" Any Input Is Apreciated

kenmosher
07-15-2006, 09:19 AM
The VIN number is stamped on it on the upper rail towards the front.

turbofish38
07-18-2006, 04:55 PM
The last 6 digits of the VIN are stamped on top of the left side frame rail. Even if it is hot it would be pretty hard to nail down an exact car with just the last 6 digits. The same last 6 digits could have been used on a couple of years.

Now it may be possible to narrow down the exact year and model the frame came from. I have found that on frames originating from the Pontaic MI assembly line(all 86-87 TR's were built there) have a build date and frame ID stamped on the rear crossmember. I've posted a picture showing the codes from a 83 T-Type frame. The frame code is JA and the build date is 7-20-82. The correct frame code for a 86-87 TR is HS. I dont know what the code should be for the 84-85.

1986GN
07-18-2006, 06:32 PM
thanks for input guys.iam thinking of just trying to get frame repaired,the front drivers side is where its damaged its actually at the very front where the bumper shocks go,the damages does not seem to go that far back.car drives straight does not pull or anything like that.has any one cut and weld on a new front section on only one side of very front of frame? thanks againg for input!!!