PDA

View Full Version : crazy Turbolink data

turboadict
07-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I know this has been beaten to death in the past but please bear with me.

I've had Turbolink 2.1 for about 8 years or so and love it. Couldn't be without it. A while back it started to give crazy data - non sensical numbers each frame - mph jumps all over the place as does voltage, O2's int, blm's in fact everything. Throws dozens of codes a frame.

Any way, had no diagnostic reason for it untill recently so I thought I would dig out the ancient laptop and try again. I re-did all the grounds, cleaned all the contacts to the ecm, everything I could think of to no avail. Then suddenly it decided to work!!! Praise the lord, a miracle.

Anyways, got a bad problem with gas mileage which I posted else where on the forum. Plugged in T/link......you know what's coming. Same loopy data.

Searched the archives and tried all I could. The only other thing I found on the forum was snipping the orange aldl wire. Still the same.

If you're tuned in Ken, I mailed you a few weeks back about upgrading to the windows version but held back till I get this problem sorted - if I can.

All the setting inside the Tlink programe for the laptop etc are the same as ever, and I know the cable is getting on a bit now. But if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Ian Reeves, UK.

Keller
07-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Are you running this under DOS, or a DOS window under Windows?

What version of DOS?

What model is the laptop?

turboadict
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Get the same if I run from DOS or DOS from the windows shortcut. Same if I run it straight from the disc. Laptop is ancient. It's an Acer, can't remember the number. Runs windows 95. Bought it second hand about 7 years ago to run T/link with, has to be about 10 years old.

I have a newer laptop but can't (I dont think) run T/link with the windows XP on there.

I'm not the most computer literate, but it used to work fine. Maybe it's all getting to the end of it's life. Just can't figure out why it suddenly went mad on me. After a few days of trying allsorts, the laptop was about to learn to fly!

kenmosher
07-25-2006, 09:28 AM
It sounds like one of the FETs on the old hardware is fading fast ... and bad news is that I can't fix it any more (even the parts are obsolete).

If you do decide to upgrade, the new V4 works fine with Windows (and your upgrade comes with all new hardware).

turboadict
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I think you're right Ken. Time for the upgrade. I'll see a freind of mine at the track this weekend with a GNX, I'll plug it into his car just to put my mind at rest that I don't have a problem with my car. Not many Turbo Buicks over here and we all live so far apart damn it.

Oh teah, is the old style email list still available? Loved that.

Thanks.

kenmosher
07-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry old timers list doesn't exist any more....

Scott tried to get it up and running again, but by that time everybody pretty much moved on (and it's a pain to administer)...