PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Turbo Trans AM 55k Miles - Premium Upgrades

Turbo Trans Am
10-19-2004, 03:40 PM
1989 Turbo Trans Am - Leather - T-Tops
Mileage: 55,000 (original)
Location: Scott Air Force Base, Illinois (15 minutes from St. Louis)
Premium Upgrades:
-Borla Stainless cat-back exhaust $1,200
-Rims off another TTA with clearcoat stripped and chrome polished $600
-Brand New Nitto Drag Radials $330 (under 100 miles on them)
-Scanmaster (brand new -latest version) $280
-Stainless 3" High-Flow Cat $150
-Chrome Turbo Shield $150
-Stainless ATR MAF pipe $100
-9" K&N Filter $50
-Casper Knock Gauge $80
-Autometer Cobalt Air/Fuel Gauge $80
-Reverse Glow 30lb Boost/Vacuum Gauge $80
-Autometer 3-Pod A-Pillar Gauge Mount $50
-Thrasher 93 Octane Street Chip (much improved performance/gas mileage)
-Brand New Heater Core & Heater Core Hoses with lifetime warantee $25
-ATR 160* Thermostat $10
-Brand New Vacuum Lines $10

This car has not been abused and is extremely reliable, as it has been my daily driver for the past six months I've owned it. It averages 20 miles to the gallon around town. It has not been on any road trips. The car has just received its spring cleaning (vacuum lines, clean out intercooler, plugs, etc.) I bought the car from a dealership that had the car sitting in its showroom for eight years. The owner wanted it as part of his collection and never ended up using it except for brief runs to keep the car in excellent running order. The car is from Arizona originally. The car has never seen snow! I am the car's second owner, not counting the dealership. There is no rust on the car. I installed the gauges for looks and for preemptive maintenance. The same goes for the scanmaster and the 160* thermostat. The transmission shifts perfectly with absolutely no slippage. The car idles at 650-700 RPMS. There is zero knock under full boost (16.5 lbs stock - 18 lbs now with new chip and exhaust.) The car is 50-State street legal. The Borla stainless exhaust is top notch and has easiy adjustable baffles for bypassing the muffler. I currantly have the car set up this way for additional performance and sound (turbo eats all the noise, so don't worry about causing any trouble with the neighbors.)
I was considering making this an 11 sec street car and have a brand new progressive alcohol injection with lights and in dash progressive controller. The kit is from alkycontrol.com made specifically for the TTA. I have yet to install it, but I will install it and sell it with the car for the $500 I paid for it, otherwise I will keep it for the EVO or RAM SRT-10 I plan on purchasing with the money from this sale. The car will run with reliably with no knock at 24lbs of boost on 93 octance gas with the kit installed. The car has power everything. Everything works. The car drives and runs like it is brand new!! Car can be shipped anywhere in the states for $500. If you are seriously looking for a quality, low mile TTA, it may be worth your while to fly out to St. Louis for the day and check it out. I'd be happy to pick you up, show you around town, and let you see what the car can do. I am only getting rid of the car because my single days are coming to an end and I can't afford to have two quality vehicles. My email is keith.gannon@scott.af.mil

Price: $15,899.

Turbo Trans Am
10-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Still available. Trades considered!