PDA

View Full Version : electric water pump

ajt86
10-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey guys- i was wondering if anyone makes an electric water pump for the turbo V6- i have an F body with a 383 stroker and i love it when i can just turn the fans and water pump on in the staging lanes to cool it down, also do the GNX fender vents make a noticable difference with taking heat out of the engine bay?- im new to the turbo V6 so i dont really know the resources- if anyone can help id apreciate it thanks!

Keller
10-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey guys- i was wondering if anyone makes an electric water pump for the turbo V6- i have an F body with a 383 stroker and i love it when i can just turn the fans and water pump on in the staging lanes to cool it down, also do the GNX fender vents make a noticable difference with taking heat out of the engine bay?- im new to the turbo V6 so i dont really know the resources- if anyone can help id apreciate it thanks!

Mezeire makes a Buick V6 pump (as well as a 455 pump). See it at http://www.meziere.com/2004_catalog/08.pdf As far as a source, I know that Tony DeQuick used to handle them, but he's likely under federal custody (or protection) at this time. I would try some of the sources in our Vendors list. Of just contact Meziere.

I've heard that the GNX vents can make a difference. However, in the real GNX, the relays in that area of the inner fender were relocated and the inner fender was cut to provide an actual path for airflow. Something to think about.

ajt86
10-21-2004, 05:20 PM
hey man thanks for the info- yeah the GNX vents were just a thought- i dont want to go and cut into a car im gonna spend 9K on ya know. im trying not to get too crazy cuz the caddilac dealer im gonna be a tech at is a decent haul for me, so im just trying to do a couple mods so i can have a decent daily driver- i decided to get a GN cuz the stroker kills in gas milage

ngianop
10-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Consider removing the rubber seal from the edge of shelf above the firewall. It seals against the underside of the back of the hood. I've done it and haven't noticed problems with rain water dripping in. (and I live in Oregon where it rains alot) Don't know the difference in area between this gap and what you'd get going the fender vent route but it's better than no vent at all. HTH.