PDA

View Full Version : rim ?

mackadocious
08-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey. I am a newb when it comes to buicks. I want bassically the same stance as turbojimmy's GNX, but I want the rims to be weld magnums. I have an 85 3.8l v6 regal. Will this setup work -Weld magnums 15x8 w/ 3.5" BS and 275/60 BFG DRs ( fats in rear, skinnys up front) without the airbags on the suspension? thanks.

Keller
08-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey. I am a newb when it comes to buicks. I want bassically the same stance as turbojimmy's GNX, but I want the rims to be weld magnums. I have an 85 3.8l v6 regal. Will this setup work -Weld magnums 15x8 w/ 3.5" BS and 275/60 BFG DRs ( fats in rear, skinnys up front) without the airbags on the suspension? thanks.

No idea who "turbojimmy" is. However, a real GNX has 16" wheels, flares, and appropriate wheel offsets to fill them.

You are planning 15" wheels, taller rear tires, thinner front tires, and greater-than-stock offset with non-GNX wheels, and in a NA V6 car. If you have flares, you might get a quasi-wide looking stance. Otherwise, you may just be in danger of the rears running close to the wheel well. Not sure you'll get a "GNXish" look at all.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+400100+115+306993&autoview=sku

Aren't these shoes pretty high rollin' for a NA V6? :what:

PaCemkr86
08-06-2006, 09:38 AM
wow, those rims are $$$

mackadocious
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
here is a link of the rim/ tire combo of turbo jimmy ( I think he is a member here)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2281113/4

and here is another pic

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=FFFFFF&image=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2281000-2281999/2281113_17_full.jpg

bassically I want this stance , possibly even the wheel tire combo. I was unsure as to how different the turbo and non turbo cars were other than the engine/ turbo ( i.e. suspension, brakes, excetera). I guess they are more different than I thought. I am bassically thinking about a v-8 swap. I know the 5.0 motor was offered, but maybe a tbi or tpi 5.7 motor would not be much more difficult.

mackadocious
08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
thanks for the link keller, I was having trouble finding the wheels on tirerack, discount tire excetera.

and yes they are pretty expensive. not what I expected, but it costs to be the boss.

so you are saying I might need the flares to accomplish the same dimensions?
thanks again

Keller
08-12-2006, 02:42 PM
"Turbojimmy" does not have a GNX. Therefore, not using flares. He has all the wheel and tire dimensions he's using are right on that page. Not sure what help we could provide.

There are no differences in suspension between the Turbo Regals and regular Regals. Yes, the the turbo cars have a stronger (8.5") rear end and such, but the suspension and its dimensions are no different.

We don't discuss non-Buick powerplants on this site, of course.

mackadocious
08-12-2006, 09:51 PM
"Turbojimmy" does not have a GNX. Therefore, not using flares. He has all the wheel and tire dimensions he's using are right on that page. Not sure what help we could provide.

There are no differences in suspension between the Turbo Regals and regular Regals. Yes, the the turbo cars have a stronger (8.5") rear end and such, but the suspension and its dimensions are no different.

We don't discuss non-Buick powerplants on this site, of course.

well I guess that about sums it up, as far as the rims fitting.

Yeah and I found in the stickies about "g body .org" for putting a chevy in a buick. I had a turbo riviera for a little while, and I know that car used to make me push the brake pedal all the way to the floor or else it felt like it was going to pull away at the stop light all by itself so I definatley respect the t-buick engines. I know the 307 v8 was offered for the regal in 85, and the local recyclers have them, I just feel that if I am going to swap in a v8, I may as well make it a 350 due to the aftermarket support/ availability.

by the way do you know the stock hp/ torque rating for the buick engines:

carbed na v6?
turbo v6?
307?
thanks again for all of your help

Keller
08-13-2006, 02:49 AM
by the way do you know the stock hp/ torque rating for the buick engines:

carbed na v6?
turbo v6?
307?
thanks again for all of your help
This doesn't belong in "Wheels/Tires", but just as a final word...

87 Buick V6 - 110 HP
87 Buick turbo FI intercooled V6 - 245 HP / 355 lb/ft (...and instantly higher with just a chip change)
87 Olds 307 V8 (5.0) - 150 HP

Future (Buick) engine chat to the appropriate topic area.