PDA

View Full Version : wat chip?

ed39
08-12-2006, 10:19 PM
i have an 87gn atr ram air cold air intake, modified kneck on inter cooler, atr 2.5 cat back exhaust upgraded fuel pump wire kit and regulator, slightly bigger injectors, plenum plate, shift kit, 160 thermostat, ported turbo elbow
i had a pit bull chip but ive heard its out dated and may be causing knock... im looking to run in the high 12s bringing the car up next week and need to know wat a good chip is

Keller
08-12-2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5911

There are many choices. There is no clear winner when the choice of what chip to buy comes up.

However, you will have to know what injectors you have in order to get the chip made.

ed39
08-13-2006, 06:28 PM
who burns the chips and how much am i going to have to spend my parents are after me for moneys cause i keep buying stuff hehe

JHensberry
08-13-2006, 07:39 PM
any vendor has the chips burned for you, they just need to know your inj., some need to know a few other things, will cost anywhere from $80-100

buddiiee
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
fullthrottlespeed, turbotweak and lubrant all see to be the really popular choices. have heard nothing but really good things about these chips. call em up, and talk to them on the phone, to ensure you get an accurate and complete exchange of information when you do finally order.