PDA

View Full Version : just got it

martin
09-17-2006, 12:49 AM
I just got a 84 t-type what should i do first it doesnt run its got the motor but its half tooken apart turbo there but i dont know if good oil pan is gone the guy i got it from said he got from a slavage yard before it was going to get parted out they were going to take the motor out the windsheild busted driver window is busted back window is busted too tail lights are too sterring colum is no good where do i start!

mark ace
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
i would tear the whole car down, starting with the frame and go from their! in the condition you describe it sounds like a restoration is needed :yesnod:

onefastcar
09-17-2006, 09:55 PM
gbodyparts.com may be a good source for replacement parts postons or try the parts for sale for real good deals.

Keller
09-17-2006, 11:23 PM
You already need 3 windows, and you have a bad motor. Depending on what sort of condition the rest of the car is in, it may be worth more as a parts car than trying to restore it. It will be a LOT of work, and the car will likely never be worth more than $4-$5000 at best given its current condition and the fact that its a non-intercooled car. It probably needs $1000 or more in parts just to get it licensed and driveable at this point. Choose your direction carefully.

martin
09-18-2006, 06:15 PM
There a place were they price me a new motor for eigth hunderd. I really want to keep this car i alway wanted one. When i was pulling it to my shop a guy said Ill give you 25hun for as is I know ill never get another one so im going to try and make it work.

Keller
09-18-2006, 06:32 PM
From what you've described, I think you should take the $2500 and use the money to invest in a GN or T that needs less to be driveable. Or is driveable. I fear you have a long road ahead...