PDA

View Full Version : wideband vs egt

onefastcar
10-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Which is better for tuning, not sure what to get first i'm leaning to a wideband but am not sure thinking about getting this model http://www.rx7store.net/product_p/ngk%20uego.htm (http://www.rx7store.net/product_p/ngk%20uego.htm) but if an egt is better i'll go that route i figure i'm safe either way but let me know what ya think.

kenmosher
10-03-2006, 06:23 PM
My :2c:

Get the wide band ... very useful tool! Also, consider the Innovate LM series and the PLX devices kits. Both good units!

PaCemkr86
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
My :2c:

Get the wide band ... very useful tool! Also, consider the Innovate LM series and the PLX devices kits. Both good units!

i have to agree with Ken.

onefastcar
10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
The innovative appears to have logging capabilities as does the plx, i guess logging through a run and then looking to see how ya performed and what changes to be made is usefull, is this the only difference i see also what is

Analog Compatible
The NGK AFX has a 0 ~ 5V, linear analog output for AFR that can be used as an input to an engine controller, data acquisition system, or analog gauge with 0 to 5 volt input.

this input to an engine for a fast system or the like:dunno:

onefastcar
10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Also have ya heard about this soon from full throttle

thanks for calling me out http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Power logger will be an XP / 2000 compatable tool that connects on the edge connector like the DS. It will connect to the laptop via USB. It is a stand alone solution that will log about 25 frames per second of lots of all the different data with full playback comparison features. It has 2 analog inputs where outboard sensors like a wide band or EGT can be connected. We have a $30 EGT amplifier so that a K type thermocouple can be connected directly. You will need a controller for the wideband. These inputs can also be logged. Included with the purchase (for a limited time) is an upgrade chip for the Scanmaster 2.1 this will allow the SM to be connected directly to the the Powerlogger interface so that all the data including the analog inputs can be displayed at about 10-15 frames per second (any faster cannot be read easily) when you want to look where your going instead of the laptop. If you want to exchange the wide band or EGT for the stock O2 on the main SM display that will also be possible. Software is almost done I will post some screenshots soon. The interfaces are being built now. We will announce the ship date as soon as we know but it will not be too long from now.

Mike

kenmosher
10-05-2006, 09:47 AM
All of the popular wide band controllers have a 0-5 v output.

It can be used to feed a stand alone DFI (like Accel, Fast, etc.) or other data acquisition boxes (like Full Throttle's deal ... which WILL REQUIRE a WB controller box ... from what I read, it'll just log the output).

The PLX (and maybe the Innovate as well?) also provides a narrow band output that can feed the stock computer (0-1V).