PDA

View Full Version : Widened T-Type wheels?

bigdave1075
10-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Does anyone widen T-Type wheels? :biggun:

James West
10-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Does anyone widen T-Type wheels? :biggun:

Yes! Go to the Trudesign Wheel Incorporated's web site at www.trudesignwheel.net. I am currently having a pair of GN wheels that I bought from a big East Coast GN used parts dealer for $25/ea drop shipped to Trudesgn Wheel this week to be widened to 8.0 inches or 8.5 inches. You can also call them at 800-621-6436, ask for Jim Lyon.

Regards,

James West

PaCemkr86
10-05-2006, 07:42 PM
www.gbodyparts.com has lots of T and GN wheels in stock that are widened

PaCemkr86
10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=38&reviews_id=4&osCsid=9514714a13f7fa18ae6c84f6f66defe6

James West
10-05-2006, 08:43 PM
www.gbodyparts.com has lots of T and GN wheels in stock that are widened

Yes, but I didn't see anything on there web site saying thay had T-Type wheels. You have to give gbodyparts your original wheels in exchange for the widened ones, I wanted to keep my mint original wheels and found a pair of GN wheels for $50/pr from Bob Hebert. The other option is Stockton wheel in Stockton, CA. They quoted me $145 per wheel without doing any rechrome work on the center section, the contact I talked to there was Frank.

Regards,

James West

Keller
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Still don't see how they can 'widen' T wheels without just welding (pieces of) two together. That makes for more backspace. I wouldn't want 5+" of backspace to get a 8" or wider wheel. Am I missing something here?

I have a few pair of the American Racing "Vector" wheels, 15x8.5x3.5, that have been refinished. Look VERY close to the T wheels, and fit fine. Would be perfect if they were 4" backspace.

James West
10-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Still don't see how they can 'widen' T wheels without just welding (pieces of) two together. That makes for more backspace. I wouldn't want 5+" of backspace to get a 8" or wider wheel. Am I missing something here?

I have a few pair of the American Racing "Vector" wheels, 15x8.5x3.5, that have been refinished. Look VERY close to the T wheels, and fit fine. Would be perfect if they were 4" backspace.

Hello Scott,

I would say that Trudesign Wheel cuts an original wheel into two pieces towards the back edge of the rim with a lathe and inserts an aluminum ring, tacks it together, checks for wheel consentricity and side-to-side run-out and when all looks good heli-arcs it back togther. If you have any questions, give Jim Lyon a call, he'll be glad to talk to you about the process.

Have you solved your axle seal leak/rear brake issue yet?

Also, you've dealt with powermaster gremlins before, I have a question for you. My powermaster master cylinder reservoir is leaking at what I believe is the rear most o-ring seal where it fits onto the slave body. Can these o-rings be replaced without doing a complete overhaul? I have a PM overhaul kit, but I hate to rob just the o-rings out of the kit. The brakes work fantastic and I hate to go digging into somethng that isn't broke. The leak really isn't that bad, maybe a drop now and then, but I don't want it to get any worse if possible.

Regards,

James West