PDA

View Full Version : kirbans 2 piece downpipe... opinions

buddiiee
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Anyone use the kirbans 2 piece downpipes at all? If mating to a ported and polished turbo exhaust housing, would it be worth any gains at all? Will be running a dual 2.5" exhaust with no mufflers for now (just temporarily, till i go to a 3" single shot with ultra flo muff)
Tell me whatcha think on this.

buddiiee
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Noone?....

Keller
10-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Everyone I know that's had one, and then went to a Houston style, preferred the latter. When you use the stock exhaust housing (or a larger version), there are limits.

buddiiee
10-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Yea, I agree, but I'm not only wanting to keep her as stock looking as I can, but also want to see how much I can get out of her, with the most minor of modifications...for now :) Im going to try it out. Gonna mock one up, then just draw a nice bead around the whole deal, to make it one piece. With a ported elbow, and a 3" unrestricted system all the way out, I think shell flow nicely :)

For now...

SS_Sean
10-20-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm doing the same thing. I'm going to try and keep her stock looking. My car is 'supposed' to be a street car, anyway, so no need for every bit of HP I can get out of her.

Keller
10-22-2006, 03:49 PM
In Sean's case, the LS1 MAF and Duttweiler neck are not stock appearing. Why worry so much?

I do appreciate the attempts to look stock all the time. Just find it interesting how some approach it.

87geeinn
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Seems to me a two piece downpipe, actually three if you include the elbow would be more of a PITA than a single 3" pipe, especially when it comes to fitting it up properly. I think the secret is out about the TRs. Besides who has a stock looking TR under the hood these days? Not too many.

buddiiee
10-23-2006, 05:21 AM
I have a stock appearing engine bay :)