PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Defog

AbeWhat
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
When I set the heater to DEFOG the windshield the air still blows out of the vents. It blows really hard and really hot just not at the right place. Is there a motor or something that changes the direction of the air? How hard is it to fix/replace. Thanks in advance.

PaCemkr86
11-08-2006, 08:44 PM
sounds like a vaccum hose isnt in the correct place or one is off the the actuator under the dash

AbeWhat
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Are there any pics/guides to show what it should be like?
Thanks

turbofish38
11-09-2006, 06:22 PM
If I had to guess I'd say it was the vacuum select valve on the HVAC control. Hoses just dont pop off unless you were under the dash doing something. The vac selector valve is on the back side of the control. It has 9 vacuum lines on it. It is held together with a plastic pin and when the pin breaks it creates a vacuum leak there. The actuators are controled by vacuum so if there is a leak the actuator stays closed.

AbeWhat
11-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I have been under there to work on radio stuff, and under the steering wheel for vac. brake conversion. I will look for a broken pin like you said. Thanks

AbeWhat
11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I am sure it would be a pain, but if anyone is under there can they take a pic of what it should look like? Thanks either way

AbeWhat
11-13-2006, 11:00 AM
OK so I took it apart. The selector for VENT DEFOG Etc. (The top one of the two) has a black plastic "wheel attached to the back. This wheel is cracked so when I move the selector it doesnt spin freely as it should. Anyone know the name of this part? Source besides a junkyard?

Thanks!

AbeWhat
11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Just an update. Ordered new controls from Gbodyparts.com for the heat/ac. Thanks for the info guys.