PDA

View Full Version : Alky Injection

86GNGUY
11-13-2006, 05:22 AM
I was curious if anyone running alky has noticed a flakey substance floating around near the bottom of the alky jug, sort of crystalized. I buy 99.9% isopropyl in 1 Gal. jugs and have noticed this substance floating near the bottom of the jug which i strain through a coffe filter since i don't want it in my onboard reservoir. Does anyone have this same scenario, and would it cause problems with the alky pump, i haven't noticed any in the onboard reservoir yet as i strain it as mentioned , before emptying the entire jug. Does anyone know if alky crystalizes to some degree ? I'm running SMC kit and it works very well, trigered @ 14#boost to 20#max setting, pump gas with toluene blend, Red's 93 chip, RJC PP., walbro 340, adj. reg @40lbs, K&N, boost controller, shift kit, 2.5" duals , cat gutted, aluminum Maf pipe etc.----------Thanks in advance. 86GNGUY

Prazision
12-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Similar to what happens after a while from the windshield washer fluid. Here it's something in the blue dye that seems to collect. Either case, yes, solids will clog nozzles and filters.

Phil