PDA

View Full Version : best size injectors

Overboost
11-20-2006, 12:35 AM
what is the best size injectors for a combonation? my car has 65# and runs way too rich all day long. it has upgraded turbo and intercooler and thats about it. runs 12.4 with the AFR gauge reading rich. is 42.5 too small for 26 pounds of boost with alcohol? I want this beyouch to be in the low 11's by summer. what are some thoughts, combos or even insults. all are welcome

Keller
11-20-2006, 01:07 AM
What parts are in your combo, and what are you trying to do? "Upgraded" really doesn't tell much. That could mean TA49 turbo, or T88.

kenmosher
11-20-2006, 10:38 AM
what is the best size injectors for a combonation? my car has 65# and runs way too rich all day long. it has upgraded turbo and intercooler and thats about it. runs 12.4 with the AFR gauge reading rich. is 42.5 too small for 26 pounds of boost with alcohol? I want this beyouch to be in the low 11's by summer. what are some thoughts, combos or even insults. all are welcome

It sounds like you have a chip problem ... the 65s can be calibrated down to 1.5 ms pulse widths (typical idle is around 2 ms). Get your chip maker to look at the chip ... the 65s should work fine.

Overboost
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
finally got back on the net after moving. anyways, my turbo is a TE60 with a PTE intercooler. I turned the fuel pressure down really low and it was getting leaner but not enough before it bottomed out the regulator. the engine is otherwise stock. I dont want to get all crazy on the engine as I only want it to go low 11's or so.

PaCemkr86
11-30-2006, 11:27 PM
i agree sounds like a chip problem.. i ran the motrons on a stock 87 TR with a TA 49 with a extender extreme chip and a maf translator.. works awesome.
what maf and chip are you using?

Overboost
12-02-2006, 12:18 AM
using an LT-junk MAF and turbo tweak chip

kenmosher
12-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Do you have a MAF Translator?

Overboost
12-03-2006, 02:38 PM
yes, it does have the translator but I am not able to use the fuel curve settings due to using the turbo tweak chip. at least that is what in insturctions say. I have the setting set to no change. as I do not yet have a scan tool that will display BLM, I cannot change the chip settings as of yet. either taxes or work bonus will be purchasing one in the next couple of weeks (yes, I was thinking about going with turbolink) at which time I can see excactly whats going on. also going with wideband in car O2 display