PDA

View Full Version : Stock Location Intercooler; Aftermarket

Chip
11-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Help please ... does anyone (end user, not Precision employee or rep) have first hand experience with the new Precision stock location intercooler?

I'm interested to know your overall conclusions and satisfaction. Fit up, quality (workmanship & finish), performance and anything else you wish to share.

Thanks!

Turbo2nr
11-04-2004, 03:31 PM
I've seen one on a friends car, seems to fit ok. But you can only grab but so much air between the lower bumper and the road, just a few inches are all there is, without hitting on every speed bump, or pulling out of a driveway. I ruined a Mease stock location IC in a few hours! I was Pissed! :madder: It can only grab the same amount of air as the stock unit, think about it! I now run a Percision front mount and am very happy, also the cottons front mount looks nice&big. Sure you will need to add some Red Line water-wetter, and be sure to retain as much of the stock baffle and dams to keep air pressurized to go through the radiator. I have had no problems over heating this past summer. I have stock fan and rad.. The ATR front mount is very big, too big. I had one on my last GN, and had to cut into the bumper support, and headlight housing to get it to fit, but it is BIG. I don't like cutting up my car! I say go front mount! More air, more boost! Of course I guess you have reasons for going with the stock location, but over heating is not really that bad with a front mount.