PDA

View Full Version : What should I be aware of when purchasing a 1987 Buick Grand National???

kna4977
12-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi, I've been a member here for a while, but haven't posted anything yet, so technically I'm new to all of this. I have wanted one of the 1987 GNs since I was a little kid and my dad took me to the local dealership and I saw one sitting in the show room. Anyway, the time has come for me to get really serious about looking for one of these and I need everyone's help so that I find the best one for me. I have a few questions:

1. Which is the best, a solid roof, astroroof, or T-tops?? I'm really attracted to the astroroof as it seems to be really rare, but if it's gonna be a problem, let me know.

2. Digital or analog dash?? I like the digital dash, but again if it's gonna be a problem, let me know.

3. What are the main problem areas with these cars?

4. I would like to have an all original unmodified unmolested car with a repaint (I think I read somewhere the original paint was not good), 50K miles or less with cruise, tilt, power seats, power locks, power windows, and concert sound at minimum. With that in mind, how much should I look to pay, and where is the best place to find this?

5. What are the rare options on these cars?

6. What else do I need to know?

Thanks for your help. Matt

Electrajim
12-21-2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/general/buyguide.html